Evening guys! Yeh so I’ve been ill for the past week, most likely, if not certainly due to the SAVAGE weather here in London.
So seeing as I’m feeling ever so sorry for myself, I thought I’d post about something that always makes me happy. Food. I make these cookies all the time and if I’m completely honest with you, I never follow a set recipe; just change it up depending on how I want them that day. So if you’re into specific measurements, millilitres, tablespoons, grams…yeh…sorry to disappoint.
Ok so, ingredients:
* 1 cup: Porridge oats (any oats, we don’t discriminate here)
* 1 or 1/2 cups: Rice flour
* 1 egg ( or for the vegan option: flaxseed and water mix….ooooor, just don’t put the egg in, you really don’t need the egg that much)
* 1 ripened banana
* Baking powder- how much? I dunno, a big spoonful?
* As many raisins as you want; gosh this recipe is trash I’m going home! No I started so I’ll finish
* Chocolate, any, I usually use dark though because I prefer that over milk. Is that just me??
* Sprinkle of cinnamon
* Some almond milk (if you want them extra squishy)
* Brown sugar, or caramel flavoured sweetener for taste.
* You can add whatever else you want, peanut butter, nuts, Chris Evans…all optional but for now, that’s all.
1. Blend the oats till they form a fine flour
2. Pour that into a bowl and add the rice flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and sugar. Mix well.
3. Blend the egg, banana, and caramel sweetener *if mixture is too firm, add another egg, banana, or a splash of milk
4. Crush the chocolate and add both that and the raisins to the dry mix and stir
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until they form a thickish mix. (It shouldn’t slip off the spoon)
6. Roll about a heaped spoonful into balls and then squash them flat. (The mixture may be quite sticky so coat your hands in a bit of rice flour before rolling)
7. Lay them out on some greaseproof paper, or tinfoil spritzed with some olive oil and place in a preheated oven. I think mine is usually set on 225 degrees. Let them cook for about 15 minutes and take them out when you feel they are hard enough. The longer they cook, the harder they will be.
Hope you enjoy…let me know how it goes if any of you dare to try this out. Gonna go back to self pity now…no I joke, I’ve moved on to crying now. Ok I’ll stop with these lame jokes..have a good night darlings