Good afternoon my lovely people!!! Well the month is coming to an end and I thought it would be good to talk about the lessons I’ve learned in May. I’m surprised I’ve learned anything the month went by so quick! This will be an ongoing thing that I’ll do every month by the way so I hope you like it.
So, here we go:
1. I need to do more: Anxiety and insecurities have played a large part in my levels of productivity throughout the years and the more self reflection I do, the more I realise that. This does not mean however, that I should spend my days off work sitting at home watching The Idiot Abroad or Come Dine With Me all day. Not when I want to change my situation. This isn’t me saying I shouldn’t be aware of my mental health and give myself a break when I need one, but I know the difference between that and being plain ol’ lazy.
2. I don’t like going out clubbing, and that’s ok: Yes I’m young, but that doesn’t mean I am under any obligation to do the stereotypical things that young people do like drink or go out. I will when/if I feel like it but I went out a lot in uni and haven’t really wanted to ever since.
3. BTS are magical talented unicorns. Exhibit A-Z:
4. Beating myself up about not going to the gym or eating “badly” isn’t going to help anything, and also, is not healthy: Over the past 6 days I haven’t been to the gym because I’ve been burnt out from work. I’ve also consumed a heck of a lot including multiple portions of chips, crisps, chocolate, burgers, and entire red velvet cake, an entire cheesecake, all the bread I could find, and other treats. Maybe a month ago I’d be drowning in regret and appalled at my “failure”, now, I look back at all the food I enjoyed with a smile on my face, put my leggings back on, and took my butt back to the gym, satisfied, and ready to put some work in.
5. I need to learn more skills: I think this will not only give me something to do besides watching tv shows, but it will also increase my self esteem greatly. Editing is definitely on the list, as well as learning the guitar to a decent level. I’ve had about 6 guitar lessons but haven’t practiced in a few weeks now so time to step it up a notch.
6. Accepting and loving who I am will bring me more happiness and peace than I ever imagined: Now that’s not saying I’m 100% happy with who I am and where I am in life but I made a conscious decision to love myself for who I am, despite what society and the media tells me. I shouldn’t and I will not hide the person I am or my beliefs. Not any more. People will always find a problem with you regardless so live your truth whatever it is, and as long as you are not hurting anyone.
7. I can eat an entire cake in one sitting: Is that something to be proud of? I’m not quite sure yet. Am I proud? Yes, yes I am.
I think that’s it for now, the list length will vary month to month depending on how much I’ve learned. Hopefully next month will be filled with more experiences, blessings, and lessons for myself and you all.
Let me know if there’s anything you’ve discovered this month.